Thursday 15 March 2012

Silicone Sealant Developments

Using a squeegee to disperse the Silicone Sealant evenly, I experimented with drawing/tracing threads into the surface.

Using an extractor fan for good ventilation




Results: Although I used a squeegee to try to ensure even coverage and a smooth surface, there is still a lot of texture visible on the surface of the silicone. This is not something that I would like within my final pieces should I decide to use silicone. The thread has not set particularly well into the surface, as the silicone is very dense - it was hard to allow the thread to be immersed properly into the layer. 
However - the flexibility and transparency of this material is something that interests me greatly and encourages me to want to use it further in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment