Monday 12 March 2012

More dissolvable fabric

More dissolvable fabric samples, this time with a hot water fabric. I used the machine once again to translate my drawings literally using photocopies of my work.



Using a bolder weight of line - opposed to a single line of stitch.

Hot water to dissolve the fabric.


Layered into glue.

This piece looks a lot different to my other thread-in-PVA samples due to the much heavier weight of line. I like how there is a single thread that connects the marks due to my not cutting the loose threads when i was finished stitching. I find that this gives a nice contrast of bold and fine, the denser areas of stitch are much more solid and rigid whereas the finer areas are more free and show more movement and chance in their placement.



No comments:

Post a Comment